Curiosities at every turn.
We’re focused on creating an environment to stimulate children’s play, learning and development. Our indoor space encourages a range of developmental activities including role play, art and craft, friendship and values, self-care, numeracy and literacy.
Free flow play
We have a free flow policy which allows the children access to the outdoor areas at all times, regardless of the weather, so please dress your child appropriately. They will have access to:
* A secure covered decking area with integral sandpit, water play area and play house
* Chalkboard and magnetic wipe board.
* Cushioned sitting area.
* Community play blocks.
* A wide selection of ride-on vehicles e.g. balance bikes, trikes, scooters and tractors.
* Sports equipment e.g. balls, rackets, stilts, beanbags, parachute.
* Grassed play area with a willow den and a large selection of ‘loose parts’ play materials including milk crates, camouflage netting, tarpaulin, planks, robes and jumbo clips
* Raised beds for growing vegetables and fruit.
Independent play and learning
The children are able to make their own choices and decisions about their play and learning experiences and each space has a range of resources available to them, including:-
* Malleable materials e.g. play dough, gloop
* Musical instruments
* Small world equipment e.g. dolls house, farm, happy land, castle
* Construction equipment e.g. K’nex, duplo, stickle bricks.